16 December 2011

TGIF

Its Friday and what better way to celebrate a Friday on vacation than to be lazy all day long! I slept in, ate breakfast, watched a tv show, took a 4 hour nap, watched another tv episode, chatted with some friends, then went to the mall where I met up with friends, ate dinner, and did some light shopping. I found some stuff I've been needing back in Kyiv, and they were Walmart priced. Which they most definitely are not in Ukraine. Happy dance! I feel like I've been spending tons of money, but in reality I haven't been serious shopping in over a year, and everything I've bought has been things I both need and that are practical. No buyers remorse here. The only remorse I've had this entire trip is that I'm eating way too much good food, but I will make up for it at the beginning of the new year. Got to have me something to resolve to do ;) Too much good food and being here too long. Its sad but I'm homesick for Kyiv. I haven't even been here a week, and I'm more than ready to go back. Get back to work, get back to my friends, get back to attempting to have some sort of routine. I wish I could be there to say goodbye to all of my dear friends who are leaving to go home while I'm here. My life is going to be awfully quiet for the next little while. Maybe this trip is just preparing me for that. If there's one thing I've had to get used to again while on this vacation, its been being alone. Not having someone handy to talk to about everything. I guess its time for me to relearn to be my own best friend :) Here's to the opportunities we're given to grow, become stronger, to be better. Cheers!

No comments: